St Mary's Veterinary Surgery, Tamworth
Salary up to £75,000 depending on experience, plus attractive benefits
Are you a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon looking to make a significant impact in a well-regarded small animal practice? St Mary's Veterinary Surgery in Tamworth seeks an enthusiastic professional to join our team.
• Small Animal General Practice: As a Veterinary Surgeon at St Mary's, you will play a vital role in our small animal general practice. Your expertise and passion for animal care will shine through as you provide an excellent level of care for our patients and their owners.
• Sole Charge: For those who are confident and ready, there will be opportunities for sole charge. This is a chance to showcase your leadership and clinical skills.
At St Mary's, we understand that our team's well-being is paramount. We offer a suggested 4.5-day workweek, with the option to discuss flexible working arrangements. Additionally, you'll be scheduled for just one in every two Saturday mornings (9-11 am) – no out-of-hours responsibilities.
About St Mary's Veterinary Surgery
Join our close-knit team, where the low staff turnover creates a family-like atmosphere.
Enjoy a great local reputation and a well-established clientele.
Access advanced diagnostic tools such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, and an in-house laboratory.
Our Team and Location
St Mary's Veterinary Surgery is conveniently located in Staffordshire, situated between Birmingham and the scenic Peak District. You'll have excellent transport links, including road, rail, and air options.
You'll be joining a supportive team that includes a Clinical Director and a regular experienced locum, as well as 3 RVNs, 1 VN assistant, and a dedicated Practice Manager. While experience is preferred, we are also open to supporting a budding GP vet's professional growth.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets and nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
To excel in this role, you should hold an MRCVS qualification and possess the ambition to become a valued GP vet in a well-regarded practice. If you're ready to make a meaningful impact in a practice that values work-life balance and professional growth, apply today and become an essential member of our veterinary team at St Mary's Veterinary Surgery.
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Talent Partner Hannah Williams on the contact number provided. Please quote BH11397 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the Apply Now button.