Donnington Grove Vets, Newbury
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience to include accommodation allowance plus a relocation allowance
We are looking for a Small Animal Vet to join our team here at Donnington Grove Vets, Newbury. You will be working within a large team across our three branches (no sole charge) carrying out consultations (at least 15 minutes), surgery, workups, and time to carry out day to day phone calls and other ancillary veterinary tasks.
Work life balance that flexes with you
We would welcome both full or part-time applicants. Typically, the full-time position is 4 days a week plus our out-of-hours rota which is shared evenly across a large team of Vets with full back-up when on call at night. The current rota pattern is 1 in 15 nights and 1 in 7 weekends. However, work/life balance is a priority of ours therefore flexible working is absolutely considered.
Join our RCVS Tier 3 status hospital
Our main Hospital has RCVS Tier 3 hospital status and is based in Newbury, which is a thriving town in West Berkshire, with many restaurants and only a 45-minute train journey to London Paddington. Situated on the edge of the North Wessex Downs AONB, it also provides beautiful local countryside for long walks with our canine friends. The Branches at Tadley and Thatcham are both located within a short distance of Newbury and are fully equipped for surgical procedures and digital diagnostic imaging.
Modern practices with excellent facilities
Our equipment includes Digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound with colour doppler, endoscopy, arthroscopy, Operating microscope, microsurgical equipment, slit lamp and tonovet.
Our experienced and supportive team with a number of cert holders
We have a friendly and supportive team which is made up of 17 Vets and 30 Nurses (including Nursing Assistants). Amongst the team we have certificate holders in medicine, ophthalmology, imaging, and surgery. We encourage our team with further education and support any special interests they have.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
(Subject to pro rata)
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• Generous CPD allowance
• Fully Funded Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH11717.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.