Veterinary Surgeon - Oban Vets, Oban
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
We are a 6-vet equivalent mixed practice (90% small animal, 5% large animal and 5% equine) located in the beautiful Scottish seaside town of Oban, Argyll. We are seeking a mixed veterinary surgeon who is prepared to join our practice.
If you are seeking a good work life balance and an outdoor lifestyle in a rural area, this is the ideal position. Hours are negotiable up to 40 hours per week plus participation in a quiet out-of-hours rota, earning up to £65,000 per year for the right candidate. CPD is encouraged and paid for, along with RCVS membership fees and BVA membership.
Our current team consists of 6 vets, 4 RVNs, 1 VCA, 2 ACAs, a practice manger and 4 in our client care team. This team includes a Diagnostic Imaging Certificate holder, along with Vets working towards Certificates in Behaviour and in Cardiology. We offer acupuncture and basic orthopaedics. Our head nurse has substantial exotics experience, and our deputy head nurse is working towards a Diploma in Physiotherapy.
We have all the usual tools of digital x-rays, ultrasound, in-house bloods and are slowly adding to our arsenal.
Our clients are generally a laid back and bonded group. Oban is a bustling place, with tourists travelling through regularly with direct access to the islands by ferry. It is a diverse community with a University and College campus, bringing people from far and wide.
Above all we value our colleagues and clients and are a genuine and friendly bunch of people. We endeavour to create a happy, positive working environment. If you would like to join our fun-loving group (we do enjoy cakes, quizzes and a good laugh) please get in touch. We'd be very happy to have a chat with you.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from
• 6.8 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To submit your application, click the apply button.