Mixed Veterinary Surgeon
Steffan Veterinary Services, Lampeter
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
We have a unique opportunity to contribute to our practice's growth and further enhance our services across livestock, equine and small animals. We can tailor this position to you based on individual interests and aspirations.
- Small animal surgeries and consultations
- Farm animal examinations, advice and surgery
- First opinion equine ambulatory work
- Providing high-quality patient care and client communication
- Collaborating with our talented team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Vet techs, Approved TB Testers, and Support Staff
- Maintaining and improving clinical standards
- Mentoring and coaching new graduates through our IVC Graduate Academy pathway
Shift Patterns That Work for You
We're open to both full-time and flexible working arrangements, ensuring the right fit for you and the team. Your typical hours will be Monday to Friday, from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, with the option for part-time or adjusted hours. We also appreciate the importance of work-life balance and value your input.
Why Join Steffan Vets?
Steffan Veterinary Services is a thriving first-opinion mixed practice located in the heart of a charming rural town in West Wales. Our practice is a delightful blend of 50% companion animals, 40% farm animals, and 10% equine cases. We're proud of our RCVS Practice Standards accreditation across small, farm, and equine categories. Our practice ethos revolves around maintaining excellent clinical standards, fostering a supportive and inclusive working environment, and delivering compassionate care to our clients and patients.
About the Team and Culture
At Steffan Veterinary Services, we're more than just a team – we're a family that cares deeply about our colleagues' well-being and professional growth. With a team of 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Veterinary Nurses, and Support Staff, you'll have the chance to collaborate with a diverse and talented group.
If you're passionate about veterinary care, value a positive and supportive work environment, and are ready to take your career to the next level, we'd love to hear from you! Apply today and embark on a rewarding journey with us.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 standard plus TOIL for weekends worked
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
For more information please contact Nicola on the number provided. Please quote BH11729 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the Apply Now button.