Farm and Equine Veterinary Surgeon
Isle Vets, Ely
The salary will be up to £60,000. We offer relocation support up to £5,000.
Here at Isle Vets, we are looking for a Farm/Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We have an interesting and varied equine and farm animal caseload with expertise in orthopaedics, reproduction, medicine and surgery, with scope for the successful candidate to excel in areas of interest.
Flexible working options are available
Many of our vets have young families so we understand the challenges of balancing work and family life. We pride ourselves on our flexible approach which enables all our colleagues to enjoy a good work-life balance. We offer flexible working patterns for both our full-time and part-time colleagues. A full-time position will include working 40 hours per week over 4 days between Monday and Friday with out-of-hours/on-call of 1 night per week and 1 in 4 weekends.
Want to know more about us?
We have a smart purpose-built practice with hospitalisation and surgical facilities for equines and farm animals on the outskirts of the beautiful city of Ely, within easy reach of London via direct train links and close to airports. We have all the usual toys and are keen on investing in new equipment, technologies and ideas.
Come and join our amazing team
Currently we have 9 Veterinary Surgeons with 2 of those being certificate holders. We also have 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 5 Support Staff. We are looking for a fellow enthusiast to join our dynamic team. We support local charities and have recently been on a 10km charity run with many members of the practice taking part.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Taylor Findlay. Talent Partner, on the contact number provided. Please quote reference BH11637 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.