North Weald Vets, Epping
Salary up to £75,000 depending on experience plus a welcome bonus up to £5,000 and relocation allowance up to £5,000.
We are seeking an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join our team here at North Weald Vets, Epping. This role would suit someone with an interest in surgery and we would cover the costs of pursuing a surgery certificate.
The role will involve routine small animal veterinary work with blocks of consulting and routine soft tissue surgeries, dental, as well as diagnostic procedures.
You will be working 4 days per week (shifts are 8.30am-6.30pm) with the same day off each week. 1 in 4 Saturday AM clinic (8.30am-12pm). No out-of-hours.
Work-life balance that flexes with you
Our flexible approach to rota patterns can truly enrich your work-life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick-up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we can fix or flex our patterns to suit you.
North Weald Vets are a well-established local small animal first-opinion veterinary practice. We have excellent facilities such as an Idexx lab suite, digital x-rays, ultrasound facilities, and dental equipment. We also have separate dog and cat wards.
The practice is close to Epping station which provides easy access into London but still maintains a village feel with lots of green space locally.
About the Team and Culture
Our team currently consists of 5 veterinary surgeons (one of whom will be replaced by the successful candidate), 6 RVNs, 2 SVNs and 2 receptionists.
We have a visiting medicine specialist who assists with more in-depth ultrasound and endoscopy so that these cases can be kept in-house. Our new team member will complement our existing friendly team.
Some experience of all routine soft tissue surgeries is essential as well as an ability to perform dentals in a timely manner.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 50 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote reference BH11464 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the Apply now button.