Equine/Farm Veterinary Surgeon
Wensum Valley Vets, Fakenham
Salary up to £63,000 depending on experience
Wensum Valley Vets are looking for an Equine/Farm Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role is based in a 5 Vet, mixed equine, and farm practice. The practice is around 80% equine and is ambulatory as well as clinic based. We offer full support to the whole team including out-of-hours. We have a major focus on equine dentistry within the practice and would be happy to help teach a successful applicant if necessary.
About the rota
This is a full-time permanent role working 4.5 days per week. There will be 1 in 4 weekends and nights involved. There is a fixed half day every week.
About Wensum Valley Vets
Wensum Valley Vets is a purpose-built clinic equipped with stocks, consulting rooms, an operating theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, gastroscope, shockwave and K-Laser. Norfolk is a lovely rural county with big beaches and skies to match.
Want to know more about our team?
Currently, we have 5 Veterinary Surgeons and 4 Support Staff, one of our Vets has an equine dental certificate. We supply Vets to Fakenham Racecourse and the Royal Norfolk Show. Several of us have horses and ride and the vets without horses will sometimes ride out on ours. There is a network of younger vets too as we have a small animal sister practice in the town (Summerhill Vet Centre).
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch by calling Taylor on the contact number provided. Please quote reference BH11636 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.