White Cross Vets, Eccleshill
Up to £70,000 depending on experience and up to £5,000 relocation allowance plus benefits
Here at White Cross Vets, Eccleshill, we’re looking for a committed veterinary surgeon to join us on a permanent basis. The role involves working closely with the team on a day-to-day basis whilst providing clinical support and guidance where required. the role can vary depending on your interests however the general caseload at present is 50 % consults and 50% surgery however we’re looking forward to hearing about your interests. Your primary focus will be to participate in the successful day-to-day running of our practice with the full team and providing outstanding clinical care.
Rota pattens that work for you
We are in a fortunate position to offer a truly bespoke rota to suit your needs whether that be full time, part time, flexi time, term time only, hours to work around the school run or evenings only with other combinations that work for you. If you need to have the school holidays off we are able to accommodate that. A typical full-time role would involve working 40 hours per week over 4 days. You’ll be required to join our shared Saturday rota (shifts are 08:30 – 12:30), no out-of-hours or on-call required.
Our practice is located in a calm area of Bradford, with a Starbucks almost next door for that coffee fix as well as a Lidl and a big Sainsbury, B&M and some nice restaurants and food chains. Leeds City Centre is only 30 minutes away so we're easily commutable. We have a dedicated x-ray room, dental x-ray and a brand-new ultrasound machine. We also have an internal IDEXX lab and a portable BP machine for us in consult. We have 3 anaesthetic machines, all with their own oxygen concentrator. Our surgical room is equipped with an anaesthetic monitor. We have lots of interesting cases, recently completing a stomach lavage this year due to toxicity as well as blood transfusions. There is lots of space for a vet with surgical bias! We work closely with Cats Protection mainly for surgical cases (neutering and dental!) as well as a local hedge-hoggery that also requires regular surgery.
Meet like-minded professionals
We have 4 vets including a newly graduated vet, so plenty of teaching opportunities. We have a team of 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse and 3 Client Care Coordinators. One of our Vets has just completed his Dermatology Certificate and we always encourage our team members to pursue CPD. Our wellbeing sessions, with a different member of the team taking turns to organise each one. We've had lots of DIY projects like making macrame hanging baskets, painting with watercolours and other crafts. We've also had meditation sessions, gaming sessions and even our own game show (with prizes!) and a projector cinema film afternoon (with popcorn of course). Outside of work, we try to organise something every month or so, usually a meal out of evening drinks (we always manage to find something to celebrate!). We also do group dog walks on weekends.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Up to 4 days of paternity leave for new pets
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• Private medical insurance
• 2 discretionary wellbeing days
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1250 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Discounted staff pet care
Please quote BH11679 when you apply.
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Marcus Alphonso, Talent Partner, on the contact number provided.
To submit your application, please click the apply now button.