Veterinary Surgeon - Mulberry Vets, Sudbury
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience, plus £5,000 welcome bonus and £5,000 relocation allowance
Mulberry Vets in Sudbury have a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our well-established practice. You will have access to a varied caseload with both surgical and medical cases and will split your day with a blend of consults and surgery. You will be comfortable with some lone working as whilst this position is primarily working alongside our fantastic team of vets, there would be some sole charge work on weekends when required.
Fix or flex – work-life balance that works for you
Our vets usually work Monday to Friday 9am until 7pm (with scheduled breaks!) when the out of hours team takes over. The full-time rota is 40 hours over 4 or 5 days however we are happy to accept both part and full-time candidates for this role. There are no out-of-hours duties associated with this role however there is 1:3 weekends. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we can fix or flex our patterns to suit you.
Mulberry Vets is located in Sudbury, and you can see the attractive Suffolk landscape from the practice. We have all the usual equipment including x-rays, dental x-rays, ultrasound, ECG, TPLO and other basic orthopaedic kits. Currently we have 3 veterinary surgeons including one cardiology certificate holder 7 registered veterinary nurses.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from;
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH11100 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.