Academy Vets, Stranraer
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000 and welcome bonus up to £2,000
Here at Academy Vets, we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are a busy mixed practice in the Southwest of Scotland where the grass is green and the sun always shines. The role is truly mixed with no two days the same from dairy fertility, small animal consulting and surgery to health planning, fertility testing and horses, we have it all!
Rota patterns that work for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The rota includes working 5 days per week from 8:30am-6:00pm with an hour lunch break. We have a weekend rota and provide our own out of hours currently on a 2:10 basis with the odd Saturday morning. Vets get a half day on the Friday following their weekend first on call. Two Vets are always on call to provide back up and support if necessary.
About us here at Academy Vets
As a RCVS accredited farm and small animal general practice have the facilities you would expect. We have the latest small animal and large animal ultrasound, bull and tup fertility kit, digital radiography and idexx suite. Galloway has lots to offer for the outdoors enthusiast and our Vets enjoy the local beaches for paddleboarding and the Southern Uplands for walking and camping.
Come and join our amazing team
We have 10 Vets and two branches. Our main practice is in Stranraer with a branch in Newton Stewart. We have a superb team of 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Auxiliary Nurses and 5 Receptionists. We have one certificate holder in Cattle Health and Production and would be keen to support the right candidate to attain additional qualifications (Certificate, DBR etc).
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.8 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- 2 days paid CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
For more information please call Amelia on the contact number provided. Please quote reference BH11588 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.