Part-time Veterinary Surgeon
Animals 1st, MacMerry
Salary up to £75,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000 and welcome bonus £5,000.
Animals 1st are looking for a part-time Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly and supportive team in MacMerry. Duties will include routine consultations, operations, fulfilling prescription requests, and answering client queries by email and on the phone.
About the rota
We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
We are flexible for 2-3 days a week and 1/4 Saturdays from 9:00am-12:00pm. The weekday shifts would be from 9:00am-6:00pm but we can be flexible around the candidate's needs. There are no out-of-hours with this role.
Want to know more about us?
Animals 1st currently has 2 branches, with the smaller branch being for consults only. We have 2 theatres, a new ultrasound machine and digital radiography. We are a Nurse and Vet training practice.
The practice is based 20 minutes from Edinburgh and 10 minutes from the beach. The train station 5 minutes away and on a local bus route.
Our lovely team consist of 3.5 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, 1 Practice Manager and 3 Receptionists. We have certificate holders in medicine, feline practice and cardiology and we are happy to support certificates depending on the candidates needs.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
For more information please call Amelia on the contact number provide, reference BH11581.
To submit your application click the apply now button.