Are you a veterinary surgeon looking for something different? We have an amazing opportunity for vets that want to join us in delivering on our purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
In this role, you will deliver medical and surgical veterinary care to our pet population at Mars Waltham Pet Science Institute.
The Waltham Petcare Science Institute is Mars Petcare’s science centre. At Waltham, we are on a mission to improve the lives of pets through science, all in support of our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™
Our research spans multiple disciplines such as nutrient requirements for pets, the dog and cat microbiome, biomarkers of health and disease, and feeding behaviour.
- Delivering day-to-day medical and surgical veterinary care to the cat and dog population (200 of each species) during core hours and ability to respond to infrequent on-call queries/attend site within 45 minutes if required approximately 1 night a week/1 weekend in 4.
- Implement, execute and add continuous improvement to veterinary healthcare protocols
- Undertake responsibility of Named Veterinary Surgeon (following training), as set out in the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Surgeons.
- Provide medical leadership and perspective input on research projects
- Provide medical & surgical skill training and support to other Associates
- A qualified, enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon with membership to Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons with 3+ years recent and relevant clinical experience
- Confidence and competence in all medical and surgical general practices
- Ability to work independently and within a large team
- Population medicine background/experience preferred
- Research experience is preferred
- Training and/or line management experience is preferred
- Base Salary £45,000 to £55,000 plus £8,000 shift allowance and 12% annual variable payment (AVP)
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus
- Mars is an equal opportunity employer
To submit your CV, please click the apply now button.