GKG Vets, Newbury
Salary up to £65,000 DOE plus up to £5,000 Welcome Bonus and up to £5,000 Relocation Allowance
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our amazing team here at GKG Vets. The role will involve a nice mix of consulting and surgery and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent service to our clients and their pets and take care of a varied caseload. We are keen for all our Vets to work up cases as thoroughly as possible allowing you clinical freedom and autonomy and you will have the support of an experienced team of Vets and RVNs to help with this.
Fix or flex – find your perfect balance
Typically, this is a full time position working 40 hours Monday – Friday with 1in4 Saturdays and no OOH. However, we know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. We would welcome both full or part time applicants and we are happy to be flexible and work together to find a rota that would work, for example a 4 day week.
Our established practice
We are a well-equipped small friendly practice who love learning and teaching, established for 62 years on our current site we really are part of the community. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos. Large numbers of our clients have been registered with us for many years and these long-term relationships are key to our success and always remain important to us, we truly believe in a cradle to grave relationship with our clients.
Join our team with a focus on professional development
Our experienced and supportive team is made up of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 support team members and we are building the team to 5 RVNs. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos. Overall, we are looking for someone who takes joy in coming to work and offering excellent patient care, utilising fear free techniques. Our vets are split across three branches, but the nursing team, work most of the time in Newbury and work in Thatcham on a rota basis.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Megan Dawson, Talent Partner, on the contact number provided.
Please quote BH11196 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.