We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse or Student nurse about to complete their qualification to join our team of 8 RVNs, 1 SVN and 1 animal care assistant working over our 3 sites in Ayrshire. As we have a highly experienced team, we can support a student nurse in this role.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing including, theatre work, anaesthetics, medical nursing and supporting our reception team if there is a need.
Salary for the role is up to £30,000 depending on experience plus up to £1,000 relocation support if required.
We are a modern well-equipped practice providing excellent client and patient care offering all usual services, including, dentistry, dental x ray, ultrasound, nurse consultations and clinics. We are close to both beaches and rural areas with great access to Glasgow through the M77.
About the Team and Culture
We are a 9-vet practice, with a nursing team of 10, 10 receptionists and a supportive management team of 4. Our nurses are encouraged to follow their interests, with CPD and certificates encouraged. Our current team have interests and certificates in nutrition, schedule 3 surgery, behaviour, and diagnostics. We have veterinary surgeon certificate holders in surgery, medicine, and a cert AVP with feline medicine being completed.
Our ideal candidate will be hard working, supportive, be open to suggesting any changes that they may have to improve the practice and services we offer and above all be a team player. We are very proud of our stable team of nurses who work well together and support each other. We are happy to consider all levels of experience as long the candidate is qualified, and RCVS registered.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH11255 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.