Highgate Veterinary Clinic
Who are we?
We are a close-knit bunch of 5 vets, 7 nurses and 6 support staff, working in a first-opinion small animal practice on the edge of the Lake District. Our clinical staff range in experience from a few years graduated, an excellent Student Vet Nurse to many years qualified.
All our staff work across our two clinics within Kendal; Highgate covers more hospitalised and sick patients and Beezon hosts dentistry and day cases. Our Beezon site was a Petplan practice of the year finalist in 2021 (top 3 from 15,000 entries)!
Who are we looking for?
This role is ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to be part of a caring, fun and dedicated team, with the drive to give excellent client experience and high-quality care to our patients. This role can truly be tailored to you! With a highly experienced veterinary team, whether you are newly qualified or maybe have been out of the industry for a while, we have the right support network to help develop and nurture your talent.
How will I be supported?
Our fantastic nursing team are always ready to help, either when on call or throughout the day shifts. We have a supportive learning culture with morning huddles, monthly clinical club and lots of treats.
Special interests are encouraged within the team; Julia is studying Emergency Medicine and Ultrasound, Liz is studying for a GP certificate and we have recently hosted certificates in dermatology and dentistry.
Our practice supports the local Greyhound rehoming centre, and some of our staff volunteer for local pet blood bank collections!
How can we support your work/life balance?
We work a maximum of a 4-day week and at present are doing a 1:5 out-of-hours rota, however, our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale of your work-life balance. In March 2024 we will be passing our OOH to the VetsNow practice which is due to open in Kendal. We are lucky enough to be able to offer flexible working, whether that’s part time, flexi time or differing days week on week to suit your lifestyle - leaving plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful countryside around us.
Our standard day starts with a huddle at 8:30 am and ends between 5.30 -7 pm depending on the day/rota.
What do I get in return?
We offer a competitive salary for this role of up to £63,000 depending on experience, and a relocation payment of up to £3,000 and Welcome Bonus of up to £5,000.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata - extra funding for further professional development available with discussion
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Mike Burrell, Talent Partner, on the contact number provided.
Please quote BH11497 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.