ECC/Night Veterinary Surgeon
New Priory Vets, Brighton Hospital
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
Passionate about ECC and keen to join a progressive practice with a supportive team? Tired of long night shifts and an unsustainable working pattern? We have the answer!
Our night vets work split shifts, either 4:30 pm to 12:30 am or 10:30 pm to 9:30 am, to allow them to pursue their passion for ECC without becoming exhausted. With 2-in-5 weekends, a 35-hour week, and no requirement to cover day shifts on weekends or Bank Holidays, our night vets enjoy an excellent work/life balance. The clinical aspect will involve seeing first-opinion emergencies and providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases.
Why Join New Priory Vets, Brighton Hospital?
We are an RCVS-accredited practice located in Brighton, a vibrant city close to the rolling Sussex hills for the best of both city and country living, with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors. We have excellent working relationships with our member practices, and we have a policy of not transferring inpatients back and forth to Member Practices – they stay with us until they’re ready to be treated as outpatients. We also maintain high clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this and offer an interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets. There is access to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy, and extensive in-house blood tests.
About the Team and Culture
Here at New Priory, our vets have support overnight from a fantastic team of dedicated ACAs, SVNs and night RVNs, many of whom have further ECC qualifications and even provide international CPD training. We have on-site Specialists and Advanced Practitioners in cardiorespiratory medicine, imaging, surgery, ECC and endoscopy that enable the retention of intensive and interesting cases. We are an encouraging practice that truly values the team and open communication that we have within the practice.
Hand Picking The Finest
We are looking for a vet with a keen interest in emergency and critical care, we can provide support if they bring the enthusiasm! They will have a desire to drive forward clinical standards and client care and work within evidence-based medicine. Exceptional care and communication are at the heart of who we are and how we act with our clients and colleagues alike. Most of all, they should have a team mentality as we are a close-knit, friendly practice. Part-time applicants would be considered.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 35 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Please quote BH10091 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply button.