Moorview Vets, Backworth
Up to £72,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000 and welcome bonus up to £5,000
Veterinary Surgeon - Unleash Your Potential
Are you an experienced small animal vet seeking a fulfilling opportunity? Moorview Vets in Backworth is where your journey to excellence begins. Join us, and together, we'll reach new heights.
Your Path with Us
Enjoy a flexible, full-time schedule consisting of a 4-day week with a set day off, tallying up to 40 hours per week. 1 in 6 Saturday rotation as part of your 40 hours, with the option for part-time arrangements. Revel in a practice that respects your work-life balance - no out-of-hours commitment, shared bank holidays (daytime only), and closure on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Your daily duties will encompass a dynamic blend of consulting and performing procedures, offering you a diverse and enriching experience.
We're not just a practice; we're a family of multi-centre veterinary excellence, with six branches spread across Newcastle and Northumberland. Our state-of-the-art facilities include on-site CT, direct digital x-ray, dental x-ray suites, laparoscopy, endoscopy, and ultrasound with doppler capabilities.
We prioritise efficient on-the-day emergency consults with our dedicated ECC shifts. ECC vets manage emergencies at our main branch, allowing other vets to focus on their scheduled procedures. These shifts come with a dedicated nurse, ensuring seamless patient care.
Nestled close to the captivating Northeast coast, we're surrounded by miles of unspoiled beaches and conveniently located within striking distance of vibrant Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
Our team is a powerhouse, comprising 15 vets, 14 RVNs, 4 SVNs, 4 ACAs, and 18 dedicated support staff. Our RVNs are well-equipped, trained in schedule 3 procedures, and some are actively pursuing qualifications in behaviour, emergency and critical care, and feline nursing. We take pride in our multiple certificate holders in ECC, internal medicine, surgery, and dentistry. Plus, we're thrilled to have a vet who specializes in advanced rabbit and small mammal medicine and surgery.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- CPD allowance with days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
If you're an MRCVS-registered small animal vet with experience, we're excited to welcome you to our team and embark on this journey of growth and success together.
Please quote BH11490 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the Apply now button.