Mill House Veterinary Surgery and Hospital are on the lookout for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. We are a busy first opinion and multi-disciplinary referral 24-hour hospital.
Typical day time shifts involve a half day consulting and half day theatre, or an in-patient shift. We also have a twilight shift (noon-10pm) and duty shift (6pm- 9am). Our rota is very flexible and can be tailored to the candidate's preferred working times or clinical interests. Part time work is welcomed. We have several advanced practitioners and certificate holders to support you and act as mentors to support career progression.
The salary for this role will be up to £75,000 depending on experience.
Mill House is a single site practice and a Nurse training centre. The hospital is located in historic King's Lynn close to the beautiful North Norfolk coast, and with a direct train line to London and Cambridge. Norfolk is the driest and sunniest county in the UK!
The practice is fully equipped with separate cat wards/prep area, laparoscopy, CT, video endoscopy, colour flow doppler ultrasound and operating microscope.
Currently we have 15 Veterinary Surgeons with 4 of those being Advanced Practitioners and 4 Certificate holders, 18 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 11 Student Veterinary Nurses and 19 Support Staff. We have an inquisitive and learning culture, encouraging input from all colleagues and wellbeing is prioritised.
Could you add a bit more info in this section? For example: We are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon with great client communication skills, a good team ethic and able to make decisions, delegate and prioritise.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 38 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH11451 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.