1066 Veterinary Centre
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience and up to £2,000 welcome bonus, up to £5,000 relocation allowance plus benefits
We are seeking a passionate and committed Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team. We strive to provide our team with a varied working day. Your duties will include consultations, surgeries, client call-backs, prescriptions, in-patient care, workups, and occasional house visits. We believe in developing and supporting our clinicians in their preferred areas of interest and are always interested in supporting CPD, certificates and other post graduate qualifications.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you
We are hoping our new Vet can work 4 weekdays, shifts between 8:45am to 19:00pm and a Saturday morning, shifts between 8:45am to 12:30pm on a roster, currently 1:3. There are no out-of-hours or bank holiday duties. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you.
- Competitive salary of up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience
- Welcome bonus of £2,000
- Relocation support of up to £5,000
Who we are
We are a local but busy practice located in St. Leonards-on Sea. We have digital x-ray, ultrasound, dedicated theatre suite and separate kennels and cattery. We opened in 2009 and have grown rapidly through recommendations from clients. We have a strong team of experienced vets and nurses and a forward-thinking Practice Manager.
We work with some local charities and are part of the RSPCA Neutering Scheme for cats and bull-breeds.
We are close to the sea, with a long promenade, and the local town has many historic sites, outdoor activities, and a variety of independent restaurants with a strong café culture. There is a thriving arts scene, and several festivals are held each year, including seafood and wine, Jack in the Green festival, the famous bonfire night parade and the annual Mayday motorbike ride, when thousands of bikes descend on the town.
Direct train links to Gatwick Airport and Central London, taking 1.5 hours to both.
Join our team with a key focus on professional development
At 1066 we currently have 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 1 who is a Cardiology certificate holder, a Head Nurse who leads our nursing team of 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 1 Student Veterinary Nurses. We also have a great Support team of 3 and a Practice Manager.
We have a supportive and encouraging culture here at 1066, where we truly value our team and what each individual brings to our practice. We hold regular team meetings where we have an open culture for ideas and thoughts to be shared amongst the team.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Free Flu Jabs
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
If this position is of interest to you then please contact Bartosz Piasecki on the number provided in the contact details. Please quote reference BH10738 when applying for this role
To submit your application, click the Apply Now button.