Are you seeking a new opportunity within a supportive practice?
Are you ready and motivated to develop and grow your clinical skill set?
Yes? Then this is the role for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join our friendly team in Derby. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Senior/Head Vet to champion high standards of patient care within the practice. The role provides a varied consulting and surgical caseload that will allow the less experienced to hone their skills and will keep the experienced vet stimulated. We also have a team of well-skilled nurses and efficient receptionists to support you at our RCVS accredited practice.
Our practice offers a full range of first opinion veterinary services including orthopaedic work.
Derby is a large and established practice with 4 consult rooms, separate cattery, kennel and isolation wards, a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room, large theatre and prep room, and an in-house laboratory. Our practice has an established client base and our team is passionate about providing the best standard of care to both pet and client. We endeavour to create a “fear free” environment for all patients. The practice has excellent transport links, including the M1 and a direct train to London. We also have the lovely Peak District National Park nearby.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you –
We would welcome both full and part time applicants. Typically, the full-time role is working 40 hours Monday to Friday between 8am to 7:30pm, with Saturday availability (average of 1:3) 9am to 12pm on a rota basis (you gain time off in lieu for working Saturdays). There is no out-of-hours work required. We will be flexible and are open to discuss a rota pattern that would suit you – the most important thing is finding the right person for our team. Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves.
• Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
• £5,000 Welcome Bonus
• £5,000 Relocation Allowance (Subject to eligibility)
Team & Culture
We are a 3 Veterinary Surgeon practice working alongside 6 nurses and 6 receptionists. Our clinic has an established client base and our team are passionate about providing gold standard care to our clients and their pets. Our highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to our team with Costa Fridays and our monthly practice star award celebrates our employee’s achievements. CPD and professional development is encouraged and supported.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 25 days leave + Bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Paid RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH10948.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.