The Purrfect Role
- Recently opened Independent cat-only ISFM gold clinic
- No weekends, No out-of-hours, No bank holidays!
- Located in town centre with cafes, restaurants, train station to London in 35 minutes
- Accommodation available if needed
- ISFM practice membership for unlimited CPD options
- Free yoga and pilates classes
- Will consider a confident new graduate as well as more experienced vets
- Salary £35,000 to £58,000 pro rata plus benefits and loyalty bonus
- Full or part-time considered (clinic opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7pm)
Calling All Cat Lovers! Join Our Purr-fect Team
We are a friendly, easy going team of cat lovers - currently 1 vet (training for certificate in feline practice), 2 RVN and 2 receptionists. Our recently opened Independent Cat Only Vets is the purrfect relaxed and fun place to work as well as the purrfect place for our feline patients.
We are passionate about charity work, do a lot of early neutering and support Cats protection as well as a few other local cat charities and a growing private client base of lovely dedicated cat owners. We offer home visits as well as our in clinic service so the work will be varied, however you will most likely be based entirely at the clinic with a mix of surgeries (mostly neutering and some dentals) and consults (mostly vaccines) with more complex cases and surgeries if desired. Our vet will be on hand to offer support and discuss cases, so may consider a new/ recent grad. Essential that you are confident and fairly fast at neutering cats (or a fast learner if new grad).
Dentistry and feline specific CPD a bonus but not essential.
A supportive family: We're all about teamwork, knowledge sharing, having fun, and indulging in snacks (usually from the awesome Latino cafe next door) – all while taking exceptional care of our patients.
Happy work-life balance: No weekends, bank holidays or OOH, 1 hour lunch break, 20 to 30min consults.
Goodbye to Barking and Heavy Lifting: Say farewell to headaches caused by constant barking and restraining hefty patients. We are all about the feline good lifestyle.
Lovely clientele: Enjoy the benefits of a dedicated and responsible cat owner base, although uncommon here, we don't tolerate any kind of rude or aggressive behaviour from our clients at all and they will be written to advising to register elsewhere if this is the case. This means all our clients are lovely :)
State-of-the-Art Facilities: Gold accredited ISFM practice with digital 3D dental and orthopaedic x-ray adaptix machine (one of a handful of practices in the UK to have one), multiparameter, visiting ultrasonographer specialists, in-house blood gas machine and more.
- No weekends, never work a bank holiday
- Full or part-time and happy for you to choose your preferred hours/number of days - we open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7pm
- 1 hour lunch break
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Free yoga and pilates classes - we are located next door to a yoga and wellbeing studio
- Discounted massages
- VDS cover
- ISFM practice membership with free unlimited CPD options plus discounts to congress
Accommodation if needed
- In a lovely 2 double bedroom semi detached house with garden and parking space, 3 min walk from the practice, 5 min walk to town centre and train station with access to London direct in 35mins
- sharing house with one other person (who doesn't work at the clinic, but is nice :) and of course there is also room for a cat (or two) if required.
To submit your application, click the apply button.