Veterinary Surgeon - Deepdale Veterinary & Aquatic Centre, Bedfordshire
Salary from £63,000 up to £70,000 depending on experience plus £5,000 welcome bonus and £5000 relocation allowance
We are looking for a caring and experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join our team on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking for a long-term commitment in a perfect location. You will have good communication skills and be able to provide excellent patient and client care. As one of our three veterinary surgeons, you will be expected to have comprehensive experience of routine procedures and good knowledge of more complex standard procedures. An interest in developing an orthopaedic service would be encouraged, but not essential, as long as you are happy to support and mentor others and be committed to upholding our high standards of patient and client care.
Work life balance that works for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. The full time position for this role would be 40 hours over the choice or 4 or 5 days between the hours of 8.30am to 7pm. There is no OOH requirement for this role but you would be expected to take part in a 1:4 Saturday morning rota of 8.30am to 1pm. We are happy to speak to part time candidates looking for work around their lifestyle.
Find your future with us
Deepdale Vet Centre is a forward thinking, purpose built veterinary surgery set in rural Bedfordshire. We are a busy practice, with a very loyal client base. Pet health plans very much encouraged. We have a wide range of equipment, including in-house lab, digital x-ray, new ultrasound machine, two theatres. We are a friendly and experienced clinical team with a great sense of humour!
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If you’ve got this far, thank you for your interest! To be part of our exceptional team or discuss any of our clinical vacancies please click the apply button.