Farm Veterinary Surgeon
Delaware Veterinary Group
Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience
As part of a 6 Vet team and with the support of our 2 TB Testers and 3 paraprofessional we are looking for an experienced Farm Animal Vet. Castle Cary is in the heart of the southwest dairy country. We are a 95% Dairy farm practice with some beef, sheep, and smallholder work. We have a strong team ethos and work together to provide an excellent service to our dedicated farmers. All the usual equipment expected for a farm vet is provided and we have excellent in-house facilities to complement our ambulatory work. The role is a mix of routine fertility visits, sick cow work, delivery of OV services and consultancy and health planning.
The rota will include working 4.5 days per week, totalling 36 hours, weekends and out-of-hours are on a 1:5 rota.
About Delaware Veterinary Group
We have a strong reputation in the area as a respected farm practice. We have in house facilities which allows surgery and hospitalisation of cattle. We encourage students to see EMS with us as we have an interesting and varied caseload. With trained Mental Health First Aiders and Well-being Champions, we strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Castle Cary offers everything that a popular market town would with good transport links to Bristol, Bath. London or the coast, depending on how you want to spend your free time.
About the Team and Culture
We have a strong team ethos and work together to provide an excellent service to our dedicated farmers. We hold regular meetings and communicate well together. Teamwork is the cornerstone of the service we provide and sharing of ideas and expertise is actively encouraged.
Personal and Professional attributes you are looking for within a candidate
This position would suit an ambitious candidate who wants to work with some of the best farmers in the UK. The majority of our dairy farmers have routine fertility visits and are used to receiving additional consultancy advice. A knowledge of the dairy industry and the challenges faced would be desirable. The ability to communicate clearly with the team and clients is a key attribute. Most important is a good positive attitude to get stuck in and make a difference on our clients’ farms. Ambitions to develop further services for farmers and to manage the farm department would be encouraged and supported.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £2,000
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH9276 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.