Farm Veterinary Surgeon – Out-of-Hours
Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Shaping the future – join our new OOH farm service Farm24
We are proud to have launched a new out of hours farm service – Farm24! Covering 3 of our practices in the Shropshire area, we are now providing seamless 24 hour cover to our clients and their businesses. Our aim is to turn the traditional on-call rota on its head by allowing our daytime Vets to focus on the routine cases and our standalone OOH team will focus on night-time and weekend emergencies. You will be involved in developing and shaping this new service that will act as the blueprint for further sites across the UK.
An exciting and diverse emergency caseload
We are looking for a farm Veterinary Surgeons who is confident in farm emergencies to work alongside our current farm vet to continue to develop the new service. Developing relationships with clients and the local veterinary teams is essential to allow you to flourish, as is the ability to problem solve and work on your own. You will be on-call from the comfort of your own home and attending emergencies as and when needed. You will receive the perfect blend of pace with a higher number of calls during spring but quiet spells during the summer months allowing you to really maximise your downtime. Ellesmere is the central point of the geographical area covered.
A rota with real work life balance - one week on, one week off
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. The rota pattern has been devised to give you 1:2 weeks off – allowing you to focus on your interest and hobbies. Our new initiative will also ensure our daytime teams benefit from the new service by allowing them a better work life balance – a win for the whole team. The hours will be 6pm-8am weeknights, and 6pm Friday-8am Monday for the weekend. With a shared one week on, one week off rota.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (already built into rota pattern)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Quality Improvement Programme
- RCVS fees
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
To be part of our exceptional team please contact Hannah Williams, Talent Partner for a confidential chat on the number provided, reference BH9732.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.