Bridge Veterinary Group are looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our friendly and supportive team! Day-to-day duties will be a mix of consultations and surgery, and you will receive fantastic support from an experienced team including certificate holders.
Work life balance that works for you
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you
We offer an excellent work-life balance for our staff and can work out a flexible shift pattern that suits you and your lifestyle! Full time is 36 hours a week over 4 days with shifts between 8:30am and 6.30pm. There are 1:8 Saturday mornings 8:30am to 12pm with no out-of-hours. We are happy to hear from part-time applicants also.
Salary up to £65,000 plus up to £5,000 relocation bonus plus additional benefits
We are an exclusively small animal practice with two branches in South Wales. Ideally situated to take advantage of the outdoors (hiking, mountain biking, horse riding, water sports) along with easy access to large towns and cities. Our facilities include digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopes, ultrasound scanners, lasers, and well-equipped surgical theatres. Our team consists of 12 vets, 9 nurses (5 fully qualified) and 8 support staff. One of our 3 clinical directors is a medicine certificate holder, and another has an interest in orthopaedics. We encourage the discussion of cases between colleagues and our clinical directors are available to offer support. We are looking for additional vets to fit into our friendly, supportive team. There are plenty of social events to get involved with including our book club!
The role is suitable for a new graduate or a more experienced veterinary surgeon who will be given the opportunity to further their career through a wide range of clinical and surgical cases and opportunities. We have very experienced and supportive vets who are always willing to help and discuss cases. We actively encourage staff to advance their abilities and careers and are willing to offer support if they want to work towards a certificate.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 45 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH11557 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.