Easter Ross Vets, Invergordon are looking for a small animal only vet surgeon to join their team, caseloads ranging from ultrasounds, x-rays, blood workups etc to even some exotic work with reptiles, amphibians and snakes should this be an interest to you. We are really supportive of vets wishing to obtain certificates and we offer full funding for this; we can also support a specialism within areas of surgery and/or medicine. Covering 3 branches with Invergordon being the main hub & Tain & Alness.
Ideally working up to 40 hours per week across 4/4.5 days between Monday-Friday with no OOH & 1:4 Saturday mornings (included within your 40-hour week), however, we can be flexible and consider part-time applications and job share as we understand everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we would like to enable you to strike the right balance on your work life.
Up to £70,000 negotiable D.O.E.
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
Welcome bonus up to £5,000
Easter Ross Vets is situated just north of Inverness and boasts a rich pictish history within a beautiful highland setting out with the central belt, with great access to outdoor activities including hillwalking, water sports, Dunrobin Castle and dolphin watching to name a few. It is a great community and countryside only 1 hour away from Inverness Airport and 25 mins from City of Inverness.
We have three branches Invergordon, Alness & Tain with Invergordon being our main hub. Our team is made up of 5 Vets, 5 Nurses, 2 SVNs & 1 VCA. Many of our team have their own lines of interest whether it be species or medicine/surgery related. The team look out for one another and aim to be available all the time when possible to assist. We support local agricultural shows and dog shows and take time out to attend these events.
Ideally would suit an experienced vet surgeon but we can also consider new graduates for this role as full support will be given. Must be RCVS registered.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.8 weeks including bank holidays per annum
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch with reference BH11283.
To submit your application, click the Apply now button.