Part-Time Registered Veterinary Nurse
Rogart Vets, Sutherland
Salary up to £11,598 depending on experience plus benefits
Our nurses’ daily duties include theatre work, nurse consultations, kennel cover, wellness clinics, and weight management, these are all shared out between the team. As we are a mixed practice, there is an exciting opportunity to work with large animals, lambing, etc.
A Rota Pattern that Works for You
This is a part-time position, ideally working 16 hours across 2 days per week (9 am to 5 pm). There is absolutely no weekend work and no set out of hours, but our vets may require assistance as and when.
Join and Exceptional Practice
We are a mixed, well-equipped, rural practice covering the county of Sutherland in the Highlands of Scotland. We have a good range of equipment and facilities including multi-parameter, x-ray, dental and haematology machines. There are lots of outdoor activities locally including Munro bagging, walking, cycle tracks, beaches as well as local tourist attractions Dunrobin Castle, and Dornoch Cathedral. The west coast is within a couple of hours travel and Inverness Airport is less than an hour and a half drive away.
With Exceptional People
The successful candidate will be joining a fantastic team of 4 nurses and 4 vets. We encourage and support our nurses to follow their interests with CPD and certificates, current interests in our nursing team are geriatric patients, nutrition, behaviour, and crofting work. We support our local small animal shelter as well as a local wildlife shelter. Our nurses are frequently asked to judge pet shows at the local gala events and also visit schools to give talks on life as a veterinary nurse.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.8 weeks annual leave pro-rata
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Amelia on the contact number provided for more information.
Please quote BH11452 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.