Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Blaircourt Pet Clinic, Chelmsford
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience
Blaircourt Pet Clinic are looking for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join their team. The role will include consultations, surgery and being responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the team.
We offer flexible working options to suit you!
We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
The rota includes working 5 days a week Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with no weekends or out of hours.
About Blaircourt Pet Clinic
This practice is based in Woodham Ferrers, situated 6 miles from Chelmsford City Centre, within 30 minutes of Stansted Airport and 30 minutes by train to London. The large affluent city of Chelmsford boasts historic architecture, is surrounded by picturesque countryside and is within easy reach of pretty-coastal towns and beaches.
Our busy practice provides excellent facilities and a comprehensive range of additional services including digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery. You will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload and able to establish excellent relationships with our long-standing clientele.
Come and join our supportive and established team
Currently we have 2 small animal vets, 2 registered veterinary nurses and 2 support staff.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If you’ve got this far, thank you for your interest! To be part of our exceptional team or discuss any of our clinical vacancies please submit your application click the apply button.